Do you have a background in network and infrastructure with an early career in software development?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Manager with a good academic background and sound network experience to develop a long term, progressive career within a blue chip organisation.
A Network Manager is required to take ownership for the pan-European network and its connectivity to the global data network, supporting the infrastructure and management of 3rd party software.
What will you be doing?
- Working in a team, reporting into the IT Director you'll be responsible for a small team, who implement and administer VLAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure, both directly and through outsourced support resources.
- You'll manage implementation, acquisition, migration and support of WAN links and troubleshoot network components.
- Working with the Director you'll recommend and implement new network technologies and manage 3rd party suppliers! LAN, WAN and business systems such as Oracle and salesforce.
- Working with the Security team you'll oversee disaster recovery / business continuity and develop improved D/R strategies, again working closely with 3rd party support companies and manage the transfer of some services (eg. Microsoft Exchange) to external data centres and /or cloud.
What do you need?
- Previous man management experience
- A thorough knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of all LAN components.
- Detail understanding of routing, DNS, Active Directory (and powershell).
- Experience with managing firewalls / DMZs, possibly network aggregators (e.g. Talari).
- Experience of managing Microsoft Exchange servers.
- Windows server management, patching, upgrading.
- WiFi systems, especially Meraki.
- AntiVirus products – ideally McAfee.
- Email archive systems - CryoServer, Enterprise Vault
- A background in software including VMWare, Veeam
- Both Win and Linux/UNIX OS, Bash and scripting system administration.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Salesforce
What's on offer?
- Salary of £70,000 - £84,500 including bonus
- Car allowance of £7280 or company car
- Healthcare and Death in service
- 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Laptop, mobile
- There is an opportunity to progress career further